Komodo island is definitely a very notable destination when it comes to the tourist map of the world. It is named for the Komodo dragon which happens to be the largest lizard in the whole wide world. It is an Indonesian Island, and it is a haven for natural beauty and some very beautiful ethnic shopping. There are a lot of fun things to do on Komodo Island. The island is only 390 km² when we are talking about its size, and it is inhabited by just 2000 people. It lies at the heart of the Komodo National Park, and it is a UNESCO World Heritage site which is also the last natural habitat of the Komodo dragon. It is home to the Komodo dragon which is an endangered species of lizard. Since it is the last natural habitat of the Komodo dragon, it has been declared as a World Heritage site. It is illegal to hunt or watch any of the animals which are present in the Komodo Island.
Here are some truly thrilling things that you can do on Komodo Island. These things will give you lots of fun and excitement.
- Hiking is the first thing that I can suggest. Hiking is something that will get you a lot of exercise, fresh air and also present you with a fantastic opportunity to explore the island. The island has some of the best views ever, and you can experience and indulge in the environment and nature of the island, if you go hiking. I highly recommend you take some snacks and a decent amount of water, so that you don’t feel fatigued. If it is your first time on the island, I highly suggest you take a couple of people with you or even a tour guide with you.
- Visit the Komodo Island National Park.
- Go to Manta Points.
- I highly suggest you try scuba-diving off the beach of Komodo Island. You will see some of the most beautiful marine life around the island. Most of the people who go to Komodo Island have tried scuba-diving there and has come out and said that it was one of the most spectacular moments of their lives.
- Visit Pink Beach. The beach is clean, and you can have a relaxing time here.
- Make sure that you enjoy the seaside sunset.
- You should definitely stargaze in the night. Since you are away from the city lights, you will be able to look at the Milky Way in all its glory. Stargazing here is one of the most visually stunning things in the world.
Take a boat trip all around the island. You will see how beautiful it is.